Pages

Friday, May 13, 2016

Work Trip to Kuching

I was informed less than one week before the actual day that I have to fly to Kuching for UNIMAS Career Fair. 
It's my first time flying with a junior. 
As the more senior one and I had to organized everything for this trip, from the accommodation to transportation. 
Blame myself for never paying attention when I flew the previous times. 
We had budget to adhere to so planning the trip wasn't easy. 

Tuesday was our traveling day. 
Since we were flying in the afternoon, we clocked in to the office first. 
At 1pm, the Airport Limo came to pick us up. 
By 2pm we were at KLIA2 already. 
One way journey to the airport cost us RM77.70. 
(Well of course, all expenses can be claimed) 


Had to get our precious buntings wrapped. 
In case they were thrown around during the transition and broke. 
This cost us RM15.90. 

We flew by Airasia and it was a bigger flight with 9 seats in a row. 
But one thing I dislike about Airasia is the seats. 
Super straight and uncomfortable. But the flight was smooth. 
We touched down near 6pm and got the taxi driver recommended by the secretary of Sarawak Regional Office. 
Stayed in Imperial Hotel which was connected to a mall called Boulevard Mall. 


The room is clean and beautiful. 
Comfortable too. 
My partner, Faye was sick this trip. 
So that night, we went to look for food in the mall next door. 

Tried some chinese food. 
Omg. Faye's porridge was tasteless and my shredded chicken hor fun soup is super salty. 
I ended up buying sweet plum potato fries from Shilin and lemon yakult with aloe vera from Ding Tea. 😂
I used to see Ding Tea in KL but I think they are not available in KL anymore. 

I was showing my colleague Gaby pictures of the hotel and room and she has to scare me by saying ......

👧🏻 You know, they say ......
👧🏻 you shouldn't take pictures in the room because ........
👧🏻 you may capture .......
👧🏻 or see .........

She didn't even finish the sentences but it's enough to start my wild imaginations. 

I went to sleep earlier than Faye because I was so tired. 
An hour later, I woke up because I heard noises.

Woke up to see the tv still on and Faye is already asleep.
 I off the tv and fall back asleep.
 Second time I woke up because the lights are shining into my eye. 
Woke up to see the headlights not off. 
Half awake, I switched off the lights and fall back asleep. 

I woke up for the third time. 
This time to pee and I couldn't sleep back because I remember what Gaby said. 

I closed my eyes and kept telling myself to sleep. 
I slept but I woke up another 3 more times to adjust the temperature as it was too warm for me to sleep. 
Didn't dare to lower the temperature drastically since Faye is unwell. 

When the dawn break, we both got up feeling like a zombie! 


Our first selfie in Kuching! 
We're in the cab on our way to UNIMAS at 7am. Seriously, the event only start at 9 and we wanted to be there earlier to set up our booth. 
The cab driver told us that there will be jam to go to UNIMAS in the morning so we had to leave the hotel at 7. 
True enough, it took us 50 mins to reach our destination. 

The roundabouts in Kuching were the culprit. 
It was so big that drivers have difficulty getting into the roundabout. 

I noticed that Kuching has lots of roundabout. 
And they are all very humongous. 
Some was so huge that there were shops or houses on the roundabout. 😂 


Selfie at the booth!
All ready waiting for the students to come!

The brother came to visit us and even help us to distribute flyers and attract fellow students 😂 Making full use of him there.
 After the fair ended, we left for dinner. 

It was actually the brother's birthday and he rented a car to fetch us out for dinner. 


The side order of mashed potatoes was huge! This cost us rm4.90.

To show how big it actually is, I have another picture. 


You see!!
It's okay, I have the brother around 😁

The birthday boy's ribs. Yum meh!
RM 23.90 (so cheap in comparison with KL's ribs)


His gf's cheesy chicken spaghetti. 
I forgot to take a picture of my burger and Faye's grilled fish. 
Faye's fish is super fresh and soft 😍
I tried all of the food 😝 and of course distributed 3/4 of mine out too. 

Then they brought us around town to look at scenery and their unique buildings. 
Insufficient time but thankfully I'll be back again in November so I'll just re-visit those places then. 


Our last stop before heading back to the hotel. 
Gula Apung.
According to le brother, in Kuching, this is their kind of ice-cream.
 It's just normal ice-cream with gula melaka and you can choose to have cornflakes or peanut topping. Not expensive.
 For this cup it's only RM2.20 and I love it!
I'm so coming back for this. 

We were too tired that we requested to be sent home after the ice-cream. 

Thanks to the birthday boy, we got to look around Kuching. 


Thank you and Happy Birthday, my dearest brother. 
The trip hasn't been all easy and comfortable but it felt much better with you around. 

Day 3 
This time we decided not to leave so early to UNIMAS and we went to the buffet breakfast in the hotel. 
I love buffet breakfast in hotel and this one is edible. 
Not to say super yummy but it didn't taste bad. 

Checked out and left the hotel at 8.35am and we arrived at 9am. 😑 
We are still the first few exhibitor there. 

To be honest, the respond for this career fair isn't good.
 Our locations weren't strategic. 
Feedback to the organizers before we left. 
Hope it would be better next time. 
We left UNIMAS by 3.45pm to catch our 7pm flight. 

Had some time to chill in the airport and we had the secret recipe deals. 

Purchase one beverage and get 50% off any slice of cake.

Touched down KLIA2 at 835pm to hear about the flash floods that happened in klang valley 😱😱 
so thankful I wasn't on the road today. 
I'd be so stressed out. 

Baby arranged his schedule to fit my flight schedule. 
He came down from Kuantan to pick me up from the airport so that I don't have to take the cab home at night. 😊
 So thankful to have him ❤️





No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com